Reduce lag and choppiness when mirroring or streaming
Typically this symptom is caused by latency, dropped packets, or interference on your Wi-Fi network. Below are recommendations we have found to be helpful when experiencing lag and/or choppiness when using AirParrot 3.
- When possible, use an 802.11n router.
- Try changing the Wi-Fi channel on your access point and disabling the 5Ghz band.
These are common causes of interference in areas with multiple access points in close proximity.
- Temporarily connecting your AppleTV and computer via ethernet cables to eliminate the wireless network being the root cause of this issue.
- If you can't use ethernet, try decreasing the distance between your computer, router, and AppleTV (avoiding doors and walls when possible).
If you try these without a result, it's possible that your computer is having trouble keeping up with the encoding side of things.
- Try adjusting the Maximum Frame Rate to a lower setting and/or enable the Force 720p resolution settings in AirParrot's mirroring preferences.